Sunday, January 7, 2018

Love One Another


Here is my January Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS. This is our 13th month and I gave everyone this challenge:  Make a card or another creation that describes how "we" love one another--through friendship, trying times, music, holidays, etc.  I used this verse from John 4:12:  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.  

I picked this verse as January is going to be a great month for me for showing love to one another as I get to spend a long weekend with some of my favorite stampers from SCS.  Three wonderful ladies are flying in to Wisconsin the middle of the month and will be joined by three other friends who are driving to join me at Camp Stamp-in-Oga.  This is truly a dream to meet Kelly, the creator of this group for the first time as she is coming from Florida--to Wisconsin in January!  I have spend some time in the past with the other 5 friends--Jeanette, Darlene, Carol, Terry and LJ, who are coming too--and we will all have a fantastic time.  My house will be Grand Central for the weekend and I am so excited to host these ladies!

I bought this great Altenew stamp just a few months ago at the stamp show in Schaumburg, Illinois and I thought it was a good choice for this challenge.  


Here is the inside of my card:


I hope Kelly, along the others like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! Liz is up for our January challenge and so be sure to check back to see what she picked.


Image/Sentiment: Altenew Thoughts and Reminders

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper

Ink:  SU Melon Mambo

Accessories:  SU Melon Mambo Scalloped Ribbon; Black Candy Dot; Memory Box Wrapped Stitched Rectangle Die




3 comments:

Tracie said...

Great choice Barb. Love your card and sentiment.

MiamiKel said...

What a great sentiment stamp and perfect for your challenge - wonderful as it is! Your card and the colors are so bold and beautiful! So exited in 2 weeks time, I'll see you, too!

CardsbyJo said...

Wonderful card Barb. Great choice on the sentiment. Thanks for the challenge and a chance to reflect on love and kindness this month. Enjoy your retreat! Sounds like fun.