Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Poppies!



It is the third Wednesday of the month and that means a Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card!  The 3 Musketeers (Jeanette, Kelly and me) are back with another challenge this month--our fourth month of this!




Kelly picked our challenge for August.  This month, we are visiting a virtual museum with our cards!  I'm challenging you to create a card based on the work of any famous painter - museum quality artwork - and create a card based on that painting.  Tell us in your blog post what artist you chose, as well as post a picture of what painting you are inspired by.   Your card should be a direct mimic of the painting.  You do not need canvas and paints, stamps and inks are just fine as that's the challenge.   There are MILLIONS of works of art you can chose - pick your favorite and have fun with it!


OK--so, this is a monthly challenge that our trio takes on.  And, yes, this was a bit of a challenge.  I do go to museums and I have enjoyed artists and their art while visiting.  While I do not have a favorite artist, I do have a favorite type of  painting--flowers.  One of the most famous US painters of flowers is George O'Keeffe.  I have been fortunate to visit Santa Fe a few times while visiting a niece in Taos and have been to her museum there.  It has a number of her paintings and one of her most famous is Oriental Poppies.  Right now, this painting is on display right now in Minnesota.





I am not sure that my card does her painting justice, but I tried........


Here is the inside of my card:




I think the sentiment joy has numerous meanings.  Yes, flowers bring me joy.  And, I know that museums bring joy to Kelly.  And, we all bring joy to each other--even though I can be known to tease Jeanette a bit and she does also in return......................  I do love our friendships and it beings me Great JOY!

Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's blog along with Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too!  I am up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in September!



Image/Sentiment: Rubbernecker Poppy Trio/Stampin' Up Small Script

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper

Ink: SU Rose Red; Memento Tuxedo Black


Accessories:  SU Oval Punches, Pretty In Pink Brads, Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Spellbinders Labels 11 Dies



1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, you sure did well with Kelly's theme. I love your card!!!