Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Climb Mountains



This is one of the four identical cards I made for four friends who are currently backpacking in Colorado.  My roomie, along with four friends from Wisconsin are joining a good friend who lives in Colorado and a peer of hers and hiking in the Rockies.  I am sure they are having a great time and I am going to also be joining them this coming weekend--not as a hiker but as a driver, picking them up at the trailhead.  This kind of trip is not on my bucket list, but I am happy to hear all of their great stories.  Like--carrying 40+ pound backpacks for 6 miles daily, looking for and purifying water every day for meals and drinking, watching for the storms that have been coming in most afternoons for the past few weeks along with the beautiful sights they are seeing.  I am sure they will see elk and probably moose, but I am hoping no bears!

I inked up a brand new set that I ordered from my friend Dory, from Fun Stampers Journey.  It is called Mountains and also has a matching set of dies.  The set has four mountain images along with two matching sentiments.  I also added a bit of Wink of Stella on the mountain top for a bit of glimmer.  I used an oval die to cut a frame for the mountain and then use a Polka Dot embossing folder for texture of the gray panel.

I hope my hikers liked their cards!


Image/Sentiment: Fun Stampers Journey Mountains Stamp Set


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Smokey Slate

Ink:  SU Smokey Slate

Accessories:  SU Denim Ribbon, Tag Punch, Oval Dies; Cuttlebug Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Navy Enamel Dots; Gray Baker's Twine



4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your friends must have loved their cards! So awesome! I've heard of Stamper's Journey, but never saw any of their products in use. Nice!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Barb - I am sure it will be appreciated by all four hikers - I think I would also volunteer to be the pick-up driver!!
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

OH Barb, such a gorgeous card! So peaceful and serene - and the shade of gray is lovely! Happy, safe travels and wishing you a wonderful trip!

Shelly Schmidt said...

So perfect for your friends with their hiking trip! And, not only a perfect card, but the sentiment is right on as well!!! Hiking or not- so jealous- what an amazing place to visit!