Friday, April 28, 2017

Challenge Your Stash ~ Super Hero



It is the 28th and that means a new post for our group on SCS.  This is post #4 for Challenge Your Stash!

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group by the 5th of the month and the card is due to be posted on the 28th.  The challenges can be a color challenge or a sketch challenge or a technique challenge or a combination.  Then, each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Kelly posted our April challenge.  This is what she wrote for us: Your challenge is based on something I heard back in January on the Christian radio station that I listen to on my morning kids-to-school commute. It was a story about a family that visited the mommy regularly while she was receiving chemotherapy as part of her cancer treatment. They all showed up - the dad AND the little kids - dressed as super heroes! What a wonderful support system to have and a wonderful way to show love in an unsettling time. In times of trial, they found a way to triumph!

Your challenge is to make a card showing a superhero, or superhero DSP, or the word super, or a collection of all of them! However and whichever way you want to showcase it.
 





I used some Melonheadz digital images and paired it with some thick baker's twine and a button, in honor of Kelly!

Here is the inside of my card:


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards today.  There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSAPR.  You might see many cards there is you do a search.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!


Image/Sentiment:  Melonheadz Super Kidlettes Girls Digital Images/Sentiment on the inside is from Stampin' Up Short & Sweet


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Garden Green, Perfect Plum, Island Indigo; Carta Bella Rough & Tumble Wild Words Patterned Paper

Ink:  SU Island Indigo

Accessories:  SU Thick Baker's Twine, Island Indigo Button, Tag Punches; Silver Brad



5 comments:

Unknown said...

A pair of superheroes....this is super cute Barb!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Barb, this is perfection! What a perfect direction to go with your superhero theme - indeed teachers are just that (and I know, because I have an educator in the mix now!) Splendid design and flawless card, as always! Thanks for playing along in the CYS Superhero challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How I love these cute hero images- so fun! I love your card, and especially that you used buttons : ) I just love the CYS challenge- and I need to keep it up to use some of my older goodies!!!

CardsbyJo said...

Love these superheros Barb! You cards are always perfection!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

It's always fun to see MelonHeadz cards on your blog... so I'm glad you chose this pair of super heroes for the CYS challenge. Great card!