Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Sunset


This is my card for the Crafters of Faith that my friend Kelly is hosting on SCS.  This is our third month and Liz was up to post the challenge.  This is what Liz gave us for a challenge: I've done a little studying last night and I have decided that for March I want to use this scripture from Psalm 40:3 NLT: "He has given me a new song to sing."  God is never boring and is always creative. Just look at the beauty in every sunrise and sunset. Although they appear in the same direction of east and west every day, no two are ever exactly alike.  Feature a sunrise or sunset on your card and just as different as our cards will be, aren't you just amazed at every new day that God gives us? Be adventuresome with your faith to get out of the box that might seem most comfortable to you and don't let your comfort restrict God's plans for your new song He has for you to sing
I took out my brayer and used some retired Stampin' Up colors to made this pretty sunset.  I started with brayering More Mustard all over the card. I then added the circle for the moon and brayered Pumpkin Pie.  Finally I sponged Bravo Burgundy around the edges and Chocolate Chip just on the edges.  I also went with a retired SU stamp set--Just Believe.

Here is the inside of my card:



I hope Kelly and Liz and the others like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Just Believe


Cardstock:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, More Mustard


Ink:  Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy

Accessories:  SU Chocolate Chip 3/4" Satin Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Brads



3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness Barb! This is indeed a sunset! What a burst of color and a great technique card ! Kelly LOVES your card as will all others :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is absolutely stunning! Love the sun!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful! Love the silhouette image with the pretty colors too. Wonderful!!!