Friday, April 8, 2016

Watercolor Sketches



This is my card for the monthly themed swap that Makani is now hosting on SCS.  Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using a Stampin' Up set that we believe follows that thought. This is our fifth month and the theme was "Thoughtful Reflections". 

This is the first stamp set I thought of when Makani posted the theme.  I also thought I would break out the watercolor paper and aqua painter!  i kept the embellishments to a minimum-no bow for the ribbon-as I wanted the image to stand out!  I really like the look and I hope Makani and the others swappers like my card this month too!  I cannot wait to see what our theme is for May and Makani will post that on the 10th.


Here is the inside of my card:





Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Sketches

Cardstock:  Watercolor Paper; SU Old Olive, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Haiku Designer Series Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black;


Accessories:  SU Tangerine Tango Scallop Ribbon, Yellow Brads, Aqua Painter and various SU inks for coloring




4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a stunning card - love the way you have coloured the image and let it 'sing' by keeping the whole card simply reflecting the colours you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a restful card... lovely!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like how this card turned out. The watercoloring looks just perfect. Nice job!!!

~Paola~ said...

Stunning...truly stunning!!
Love how the beautiful immie just pops
with vibrant colors!Such a great card Barb!! ♥