Thursday, March 24, 2016

Girls of the Bakers Dozen Challenge



This is a card I made for March's Monthly Challenge for the Girls of the Baker's Dozen.  This group is a kind of mystery image swap, where we each get an image and additional items to complete the challenge each month.  Sue is the hostess and she gave us a different type of challenge.  She did not send any images-but she sent two embossed panels, along with some sweet DSP and other embellishments.  She said we could add an image or sentiment, or not.

I trimmed and layered the birthday embossed and added a birthday sentiment over the top.  I really like the way the card turned out!

Here is the inside of my card:



This was a fun kit and a great challenge too. I hope Sue and the others like my card.   Jeanette is up for the next kit in April--I cannot wait to see what she picks.  Stay tuned...........................


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Bring on the Cake

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; SU Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper


Ink:  SU Rich Razzleberry


Accessories:  
SU Petite Petals with Wink of Stella, Punches, Tangerine Tango Ribbon; Cuttlebug Happy Birthday, Pearls




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty birthday card, Barb! I love how you used the kit!

kiwimeskreations said...

A lovely card Barb - love the colours, and that sentiment is sadly becoming too true for me ;-).
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love how you embellished the embossed background!