Friday, January 15, 2016

Dueling Darlings start the New Year


If you are looking for my TCCCB Blog Hop, please scroll down



It is the 15th of the month and that means we get to show off a new Dueling Darlings challenge. For the January Challenge, Tracie and I are the Darlings who decided on the theme.  Tracie is a Darling and I am on the Divas team.

The theme or challenge we picked for this month is "Soup--Get Well".  This is what I wrote for the Divas:  With most of the winter season in full swing in the Midwest, I am sure many of us are having soup on a regular basis.  It is also very good when someone is sick --get out the Chicken Noddle Soup.  So--I sent a favorite Whipper Snapper stamp to the team!   







One thing I like to often do is layer ribbons on my card.  The bottom layer is a taupe satin, then a vanilla grosgrain with a taupe baker's twine in the top.  I really like the layered look--ribbons as well as cardstock and papers--right?!

Here is the inside of my card:



As in many of our challenges, we also asked for additional information.  This month, we asked for each member to tell us their favorite soup or share a recipe.

My favorite soup is Clam Chowder--New England style.  We are going to be in Maine for two weeks in September of 2016 and I know I will have some great bowls there!  A favorite recipe this past year or so since we have been on a low-carb diet in our house is Chicken Bacon Crock Pot Choder.  Here is a link to the recipe.  It is so yummy--low carb, but not low calorie......................

I hope you enjoy my card and maybe try a new recipe!


Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs-Chicken Soup

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Comfort CafĂ© Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Markers; Taupe Brads; Buttons; SU Very Vanilla 1/4" Grosgrain; Taupe Satin Ribbon; Taupe Baker's Twine

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. Be sure to check them out as there are new members listed!  At this time, Suzy, who is a Diva, and Terry A, who is a Dazzler, do not have a blog.  You will be able to check our their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!



13 comments:

Tracie said...

I love you sweet image. Great card. Can't wait to try your soup recipe. Thanks for sharing.

kadie said...

Barb, you always have the BEST layouts!! Thank you for sending such a beautiful kit. It really inspired my mojo and helped ease me back from my drought. Big hugs!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh my gosh. I love layers, your card, chowder and those ribbons! Especially the layers!!!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

I had noticed that you love layers Barb - they are your signature style. Love your card, your colour use on it is wonderful
Blessings
Maxine

Judy McMullen said...

Barb, what an awesome card from an awesome kit! Love all the dsp panels with so many layers! Your ribbon panel is such a clever and beautiful addition. Darling image, perfect placement of brads and buttons make truly outstanding card! Love the Chowder recipe. My DH and I are always looking for new recipes to try and this one looks like a winner!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Cute card barb, love all the ribbon layers! Thanks for sending such a great kid this month!

dweatter said...

Yes! Love the layers...ribbon and papers both! And a great image to loot up! The soup sounds delicious.

Terry Ladwig said...

Wow...look at all those layers!! Love it Barb :-)

~Paola~ said...

lovely layered card Barb, awesome d/p's and fun image too
When I grow up I want to be able to do such
perfect layering too!!!

Carol W said...

First off....thanks for the awesome kit Barb, beautiful dsp's and embellishements and ribbons....so much fun to play with. I love your card. I love the layers and the layout of this card especially. The ribbon layers are great and a fun idea to do. I also, love how you do the insides of your cards....The recipe.....yummmmmmmm...cant wait to try it some weekend day (as I'm gone from the house such a long time during the work week). Thanks for sharing....yummmmm...So gald we are duelers together...

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is the first Diva card I've peeked at....... so you got to "reveal" the image/kit to me. WOW! I love that stamp - a WS I've never seen before. And your card is just wonderful!!!

Now, about your soup. bleh! I do not like clam chowder... but I'm sure others will enjoy the recipe. ;)

MiamiKel said...

Fabulous card, Barb! I love how you always have a classic look to your card designs - and this one is no exception. Great coloring and all around fantastic - thanks for the fun kit this month! It was a fun one!

Darlene said...

Such a cute, fun image! This would be sure to cheer up anyone not feeling well. Loving those layered ribbons too. I'll have to check out your soup recipe, sounds great.