Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Butterfly Silk

Before reading below, be sure to check out my post from New Year's Eve to see how you might be able to win some Blog Candy!




Here is my card for the January mystery image group.  Imke sent us this stunning image as she went to China for a trip.  She wanted us to make a card with an Asian flair.  I am not sure I have met that challenge, but I think the colors are used are appropriate and I used a butterfly embossing folder to match the image.  I used three layers of black and red ribbons on my card!

Next month, Tracie is our hostess and I cannot wait to see what fun image she has picked out.  So--we all get to create another round of cute cards!


I hope Imke and the others in our group like my card.

Image/Sentiment:  Crafter's Companion Butterfly Silk

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black


Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  
Copic Markers; SU Fluttering Embossing Folder, Real Red 3/8" Woven Satin and Basic Black 1/8" Grosgrain Ribbons, Oval Punches; Black Satin Ribbon; Black Button





2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- and the image too.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Barb - love it, and I think it has an Asian feel to it!
Blessings
Maxine