Friday, October 24, 2014

With Sympathy


This card is for the monthly swap that Pam hosts on SCS.  Each month we make 10 cards and include a matching envelope.  They can be any theme for any month.  All of the swappers are wonderful and I have receive awesome cards each and every month.  I really like this Whipper Snapper Designs stamp-and I think it makes an elegant, yet simple, sympathy card.

I recently saw a list of Stampin' Up ink colors that can be used with Copic Markers or the SU Blendabilities and not bleed.  I used my Baked Brown Sugar ink to give the image a softer look than my usual Memento Tuxedo Black that is use when I color with markers.  I really like the look and will use some of the other compatible ink colors in the future!   

I hope Pam and the others swappers like my card this month!
 
 
Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs-With Sympathy Rose

Cardstock:  Gina K White; Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe; My Mind's Eye Tres Jollie Mon Cheri-Baby Girl Floral Patterned Paper

Ink:  SU Baked Brown Sugar

Accessories:  Brown Brads; Cantaloupe Shear Ribbon



4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful sympathy card! Love the way you used the SU ink on this.
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Barb, the brown ink is a fabulous touch - I often use Cocoa ink for a softer image, and like you, I love the effect.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

So pretty Barb! :-)

Melina said...

darling layout, I love the background paper! :)