Monday, June 9, 2014

Carriers of Faith ~ Celebrate Men

 
 
If you are looking for my Melonheadz Challenge Card, please scroll down
 


I am back with another Carriers of Faith challenge.  Paula is our hostess this month and she gave us this wonderful theme:

Celebrate the Men in your life

Challenge: I want you to create a card or gift for your father or a male figure who has been influential in your Christian life. Create multiple projects if you wish for more than one of those special men.
2. Give the project to that man or men that you hold dear to you. Celebrate these people on or before Father's Day!
3. Use any scripture you like on your project. Just make sure the scripture has a prominent place somewhere on your project and share a pic where you used the scripture.
4. Tell us why you chose this person or persons and how they played a part in your walk with Christ.
5. Explain why you chose a particular scripture on your project.


My card is an honor to my dad who has been gone more than 20 years.  He had a pocket watch that he wore every time he had on a suit, and it usually was a three piece suit with the pocket watch in his vest pocket.  He also had a pin strip suit, so I used striped paper for the background.  I am not sure that I have a scripture that reflects time or my dad--but I do know that "Take Time to Pray" would have been a something he said often.



Here is the inside of my card:



Image/Sentiment—Our Daily Bread Time

Cardstock—Gina K Ivory, Black, Dark Chocolate, Kraft; Canvas Corp Black and Kraft Ribbon Stripe Patterned Paper

Ink--Memento Espresso Truffle

Accessories--Black Brads; Cross Brad

Please check out the blogs of all of the Carriers of Faith.  I am sure you will enjoy all the wonderful creations!  All of the blogs are listed on my right sidebar. Thanks for joining us this month.





7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, not only is this card absolutely gorgeous, it is also a great reflection of your dad. I love how you used the striped paper to represent his pin-striped suit. Lovely!

Linda said...

What a classy card, Barb. What a beautiful memory of your dad.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Barb, this is absolutely MY FAVORITE card of yours to date - seriously stunning! What a vision this beholds and the reflection of your dad, whom mine joined alas 13 years after yours, are looking at their watches together, I'm sure :) Mine carried one as a token of security. This is a sight to behold and indeed, we should all pray for that which we are grateful for, those we love, and so much more! Blessings, dear! ♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card Barb! Love the striped DP you used and the image is wonderful. I can only imagine our kids- they will be making cards of cell phones for our generation!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Barb, and what a lovely tribute to your father.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Nice tie in between your memories and your image Barb! It's lovely!!! Thanks for playing!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love this card. The colors, layout and theme. It turned out great!