Saturday, April 19, 2014

Being Properly Caffeinated


Here is a card that I created from a kit I received in February from Jeanette.  This project is a "card of the month kit" that was just started by Jeanette on SCS. Each month, one of the ladies will receive a kit from each of the other participants.  There are 11 of us in the group, so each person will get 10 different card kits the month they are "up"!  Well--I was up first--for February.  We get all of the kits by the end of the month and then we have the next two months to create a card.  So--I have until the end of April to make and post all of the kits.  I have two more to go--tomorrow and Monday!

Jeanette sent 3 images and some great sentiments, all related to caffeine!  She does know me well.............  shhhh-I did not say that!  There were some great papers too and it was hard to chose which ones to you!  I loved the dotted ribbon, so I went with Bermuda Bay as the accent color.


Here is the inside of my card with one of the funny sentiments and two layers of the great patterned paper Jeanette sent!




Image/Sentiment—Kraftin' Kimmie Hey Hot Stuff/Art Impressions Caffeinated Sentiment

Cardstock—White, Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Early Espresso; Canvas Corp Coffee Stamps on Kraft; Paper Studio Chevron Wood Plank Patterned Papers

Ink--Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories--Copic Markers; Mug Brad; Teapot Charm; Various Ribbons; Button with Fiber; Corner Rounder 

Please be sure to check back later this month for the last two cards.



7 comments:

Darlene said...

Wow, such rich colors on those papers, and of course you've colored Kimmie to match perfectly! Love that ribbon also and the mug & teapot are too cute. Must have been a super kit, because this is a super card!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb! This card is so pretty! Such a lovely design and your coloring is awesome. I love how the color of the mug matches the color of the mug brad inside your card. THANK YOU for doing such an outstanding job! I do hope you enjoyed the kit! (tee hee! I seem to have heard - somewhere - that I know you well.)

Heather B said...

Cute card, Barb. I'm in a similar swap and I"m so bad at getting my kits used. It's a nice twist that you guys put into your swap to try to get those kits used.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb this is a wonderful card - and I love that sentiment :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Marcy said...

Adorable card and that hanging charm is fantastic! Hope you have a wonderful Easter! :)

:: BlueInks :: said...

You are right that semi fatty polka dot ribbon looks great! The charm sets off the theme of the card perfectly. Very cute.

MiamiKel said...

SO charming! (Coudlnt' resist!) What a fun paper choice to go with this little cutie -see that wouldnt' be me with my Starbucks because I'd NEVER let it spill! :) Love this!