Sunday, February 9, 2014

Carriers of Faith Blog Hop

I am back with the second Carriers of Faith blog hop!  It is my turn to come up with the theme and an inspiring verse for this month.  So--here we go:

February Challenge Colossians 3:23 --Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
The Living Bible version--Work hard and cheerfully at all you do, just as though you were working for the Lord and not merely for your masters
I think we all work hard at many things in life--so I want to challenge you to think of what you might work hard at, but cheerfully. You can take this a few ways:

~Perhaps--you can take a picture of what you would do as a career, if you could "be anything you want to be" when "you grow up". The sky is the limit--no restrictions at all. What is a job you would love to have?

~Or--look around and see what you love to do in life. It could be cooking, or crafting, or gardening, or reading, or whatever....... What do you do that always puts a smile on your face or gets you in a good mood?

~Maybe--you have a different thought of what this passages says to you. Please feel free to share.

Tell us how this verse rings true to you.


If you are joining us in the blog hop, you should have arrived here from Kelly's blog.  At the end of this post is a list of all of the blogs--after me, you should check out Zella's post.

So--here are some pictures of things that I love from my time as a teacher and coach.  I was at Waterford High School for 30 years and I truly did love my job/career choice!  I was in the classroom for all 30 years and I also was the head volleyball coach for 16 years.  I was the Athletic Director for the last 17 years and attended many hundreds of sporting events. 

The pictures are of some of the items that were in my office at school and they showcase the career I loved!  Now, they sit on shelves in our family room and still put a smile on my face and bring me joy.
 
 
 

 Now, there are other choices of things that I love that also could be posted here.  I could highlight the greenhouse we built a couple of years ago to be able to grow our flower and vegetable seeds as we love to garden.  Or, I could photograph my stamp room as I really love to spend time there.   And, I am sure there are many other pictures that put a smile on my face and keep me in a good mood.  But--I chose my career as I keep that at the top of my list. 

Here are the other members of the COF-Carriers of Faith-and the links to their blog.   Please join us and see what we work hard at. 

I am up first--Barb







I am sure you will see some pictures that showcase the Carriers of Faith and what they Love to do!   I hope you enjoy the hop this month.





 
 

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful post- how fun to be so involved with the kids at such a great level- bet there were many good and bad years- as you cannot always win....but what a great job! You are blessed!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Barb, I love your post! That is a great quote from Lombardi.

You know, I played volleyball for awhile my freshman year, but found it broke my nails so I had to change to soccer so I could kick instead and keep a manicure!

Thanks, for the great challenge this month.

MiamiKel said...

Barb, this post is so you! I can just see you there coaching and training and teaching - the lives you have touched probably means so much! What a great inspiration you are :) Sadly, I didn't have a sporty bone in my body - the most sports I got in were carrying my HUGE stack of books from one end of the school to the other :)

Blessings to you, COF sistah!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I loved seeing your photos and hearing about your job. You are an amazing woman!

Zella said...

Not only did you coach and teach - but you influenced those who where under you - what an amazing opportunity! I'm sure that your stamp can still be seen in the lives of those who were blessed to be under your leadership!