Sunday, March 31, 2013

Crafters of Faith ~ He is Risen


Today is the last day of the month and I am here to welcome you to my Crafters of Faith card! The Crafters of Faith blogging group is a joyous blending of Christian friends ~ joined together to fellowship, share our faith, build friendships and craft together!

This is our March Challenge—as posed by Jeanette:

Since we will be posting on Easter Sunday – March 31 – and since we are Crafters of Faith, I’d like us to create a religious-themed Easter card. No Easter bunnies and such, but instead a card that focuses on the Risen Lord! It can include Scripture and/or images, but needs to focus on the religious aspect of the holiday.

He is not here; he has risen! (Luke 24:6)

I have a few Easter stamps, but this is one of my favorites.  I have not used it for a few years--so I thought it was time to give it a nod.   I wanted the image to be the highlight of this card, so the only added embellishment was a ribbon.  I did use a white gel pen over the lilies so they would be brighter.

Here is the inside of my card:


Image/Sentiment—Northwoods Rubber Stamps Easter Cross/For He is Risen

CardstockStampin’ Up Chocolate Chip Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery DSP

Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Certainly Celery

Accessories—Copic Markers; White Gel Pen; SU Stripes Embossing Folder; Green Ribbon

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
The Squirrel and The Fox ~ Easter
One Stop Craft ~ Easter
Dilly Beans ~ Easter
Stamping with Dragon ~ Easter
4 Crafty Chicks ~ Easter
CCEE Stampers ~ Oldies but Goodies


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you do check out the other new creations from the wonderful ladies in the Crafters of Faith group! The blog list is on the left side--please check out all of the cards.



17 comments:

Zella said...

Beautiful card - Great way to show the true reason for Easter! He is RISEN!

Jacquel said...

This is gorgeous Barb! Love the colors & that ribbon you used!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! Barb, I absolutely love your stunning card! What a gorgeous cross! And the way colored those lilies is amazing! I must try that sometime! I also love the fact that you kept the card sort of simple so the cross would be the focus of it.

The inside is equally wonderful, too.

I am so glad to call you my friend - and my sister in Christ!

I ♥ you, my Faith-Filled Friend!

Liz Williams said...

A beautiful card, for the greatest of all days in the Christian calendar. Easter blessings to you!

April said...

I think you must have stopped by my Church ~ this cross is very similar to ours!
I like that you used a neutral dp to set off the image!

He has risen indeed! Happy Easter to you and yours!

maryrose said...

Barb, that card is stunning! What a perfect image for Easter! Love how you colored it, too!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Barb, this is a masterpiece. I love the image and the card is beautiful inside and out...Happy Easter my friend...great job...♥

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very pretty - thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

MiamiKel said...

Oh Barb! This is a vision! It literally pops right off the screen - LOVE LOVE this image! And your coloring - beautiful layout, design - it just embodies the beauty of this season upon us. Absolutely WELL DONE!

So blessed you are a COF sistah! xoxo

Leanne said...

Thanks for joining our Easter Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

kadie said...

Barb! I tried to leave a comment yesterday and my computer just wouldn't cooperate. I'm thankful it's working today so I can tell you how much I love this card! Beautiful Easter card and I love how you've done the dsp two ways. Both the texture and the stripes really make that green pop and draw my eye right to your BEAUTIFULLY colored image! hugs, kadie

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great stamp you have. It is just perfect for Easter and our COF challenge.

The colors are so pretty and the layout very creative. You did really well!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love that image and the coloring is awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Tamie said...

Very elegant! I love the cross and the way you colored it! Thank you so much for sharing your incredible inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chick.

marsha said...

Fantastic! I love the cross with the drape, your colors are just so vibrant!
Hugs,
Marsha

Darlene said...

Wow, Barb! I can see why you love this stamp, it's beautiful! I love how rugged the cross image is, next to the lilies it is striking! Your coloring is splendid and the greens behind it are perfect! A fantastic card for this Easter challenge!

Angela said...

Beautiful and elegent card for our Easter Challenge. Just lovely.

Thank you for taking part in the Stamping with the Dragon Challenge
Angela (DT) SSD